Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:09 AM   #1

I love designing and printing my own greeting cards yet have used only the canned formats in MS Office Pro. Does anyone have leads to freeware or similar programs that provide greater selections? I typically use the digital photos I have taken of family events in my card making. Thanks. Steve
BrierS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:21 AM   #2

BrierS wrote:
Quote:
I love designing and printing my own greeting cards yet have used only the canned formats in MS Office Pro. Does anyone have leads to freeware or similar programs that provide greater selections? I typically use the digital photos I have taken of family events in my card making. Thanks. Steve
Have you triedgoing to Microsoft's Office site?
shutter_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:38 AM   #3
DBB

Heck - you can use Photoshop itself to make greeting cards.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:05 AM   #4

shutter-bug,
Thanks. Yes I have grabbed some off their site yet either I am missing something when on the site or I am only being directed to the business related designs. I'll have to do more exploration since I have been using MS Publisher.

Dave,
Thanks also. I currently have PS 7 and am barely scratching its features. I was not aware it had that capability. I ususally do these projects on a last minute basis so I am looking for the easiest solution.

Again, thanks to both.
Steve
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:12 AM   #5

We make note cards to use as gifts using Microsoft Word. We make a landscape formatted 8 X 11 page and paste in two photos side by side. We print on 65# card or index stock then cut the folded sheets in half. They fit standard invitation envelopes perfectly.

We make birth announcements for friends with new babies with a picture of the newborn on the front and a message on the inside. This requires two files, one for the front and a second for the inside. I take the picture the first day (provided Mom feels well enough) and deliver the announcements as a gift later the same day. Makes a nice gift for a new Mom.

For general greetingcards, we use Print Shop, though they are too "cute" for a lot of uses, at least for my taste.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:24 AM   #6

Wildman,
Thanks . . . I also have PrintShop Deluxe and agree with your comment. Since MS Word is the primary program I use for day-to-day work, I should explore your suggestion.