Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 2, 2005, 1:29 PM   #1

I am new to this whole thing (and the this site) and I was hoping someone out there could give me some advice about how to store my memory cards. I have seen a couple different holders (plastic, nylon, aluminum), but I don't want to waste my money on something lame...HELP what should I get. I have already ruined one card by putting it in my bag....
Thanks!
Jen :?
jenniferwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2005, 1:45 PM   #2

I have a small plastic (nylon??) case that holds four compact flash cards. It has a soft insert that has depressions for each card. The same holder is available with different inserts for different types of cards.

You can also get similar cases to hold extra batteries.

I am at work right now but I will post pictures of both cases tonight.

Cal Rasmussen.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 6:59 PM   #3

Thanks I would really appreicate it. I have seen ones that have red/green flags, aluminum, plastic and I just don't know which one people like to use (Don't I sound like a beginner?:sad Why do you like the nylon one?
jenniferwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 8:35 PM   #4

All my cards came with small plastic holders (Lexar WA cards) and I use those. On occasion I missplace one and get annoyed, but in general they work well. I carry my gear in a bag with a few small pockets that hold them and some spare batteries very easily.

eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:25 PM   #5

I have a few card holders, one holds four CF's, another holds two. The 4 card holder is made of an aluminum shell and has a plastic/foam interior molded for compactflash memory cards. I got it free at Nikon's booth at PhotoPlus Expo last year, and it has D2x silkscreened onto it :G The other one was a freebie as well, also from PhotoPlus Expo. I got it from Lexar Media's booth. It's made of nylon (balistic type?), has two elastic bands inside that keep the two compactflash cards secured, and a zipper to close the holder. It's very small and pocketable. The smaller of the two is what I normally take on the job, as I only have three CF's right now. When I add two more CF's next month (and a D2x as well) I'll start using the D2x card holder
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:25 PM   #6

As promised, here are pictures of the cases I use. I guess they are plastic, not nylon. There is a hard form of nylon but it is not used much anymore.

As you can see, the exterior case is hard plastic but the interior of both cases is a relatively soft, pliable foam rubber.

Both were purchased at Pro Photo Supply in Portland, OR.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:39 AM   #7

Case makes a small leather memory card holder that holds 6 or 8 cards... 10 bucks at Frys
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote