Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 30, 2002, 1:27 AM   #1

Default high-speed continuous mode

Ok....kind of a weird question here but hopefully someone can help. I'm interested in getting a digital camera that will shoot at a high frame rate and give me access to the original frames. Most movie modes shoot at 15fps but store the exposures in an .mpeg, .avi., or .mov format which makes it difficult to select individual frames. The Nikon Coolpix 5000 and 5700 do have a special mode called "Ultra High-Speed Continuous" which will shoot at 30fps and give you access the individual frames. Unfortunately the images are only 320x240, and you can only shoot up to 100 frames, which works out to be only 3.3 seconds of shooting. And you can't change the frame rate from 30fps. Does anyone know of ANY camera that will shoot at 12 fps or more (not in movie mode) for extended frames?
Thanks
wordbrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2002, 1:38 AM   #2

The Minolta D7xx series will do 7 fps @ 1280 x 960 but I am not aware of any current model that will do what you ask.
Richard Howes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2002, 5:02 PM   #3
lg

Default Re: high-speed continuous mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbrotha
Does anyone know of ANY camera that will shoot at 12 fps or more (not in movie mode) for extended frames?
Thanks
Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that there's a camera out there that will do exactly what you want. The Olympus E100RS will capture 1.5MP images at up to 15fps. It'll even capture up to 5 frames before you even start taking pictures!. The bad news is that it is no longer in production.

You can find a refurbished one from Olympus for about $450, but the ones on eBay have actually been going for more than that. Check out Steve's review F/M/I.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2002, 11:48 PM   #4

Default Minolta 7i

I have used the Minolta 7i at the 7 fps. Here is a sample of all the frames croped and pasted into one. Just a quick paste and resized. The originals are 1280x960

Ken E is offline   Reply With Quote