Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 12, 2005, 6:01 AM   #1

Is it possable to upload pics from my PC to my camera so that I can have the pics that I want to have printed on my memory stick?? A friend of mine can do this with his Kodak camera-can I do it with my Sony?Thanks ,Rodney.
Rodmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2005, 8:06 AM   #2

I have no experiece with this, but here is what little I know.

The layout of the files on the stick can make a big difference. The software that reads the stick and prints knows what the format/layout should be and it looks for it. So you need to reproduce it exactly. Directory names, file names and locations. And the dir name might have to match up to part of the file name.

I believe I've read somewhere that someone made software that did that work for you, so you just point it at a directory that has the pictures. But I'm sure the software is camera specific. Still, its worth searching around the net for to see if it exists and works for your camera.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:35 AM   #3

my response here would be to use a card reader that can read/write. then you could. or. you could sync your pc to a PDA that uses a memory stick and do it that way. But i've never honestly tried it going straight through the camera via the USB cable.

good luck!
chrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:50 AM   #4

Rodmax wrote:
Quote:
Is it possable to upload pics from my PC to my camera so that I can have the pics that I want to have printed on my memory stick?? A friend of mine can do this with his Kodak camera-can I do it with my Sony?Thanks ,Rodney.
Maybe it's possible to do that. Have you given it a try?
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:17 AM   #5

Thanks for the input but i figured it out on my own... All I have to do is connect the camera to the usb cable and open my pic program-right click the pic that i want and click "send to" and select sony memory stick...Rather simple when you think about it...Thanks anyway,Rodney.
Rodmax is offline   Reply With Quote