Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 2, 2002, 10:07 PM   #1

Default Team Group shots -which is best ?

I know this may be an old question but what camera takes good indoor group shots, for example a basketball team.
I have a Olympus E100rs , it takes great shots outdoors and individual shots, but i really havent got to test group shots indoors which i will on Wed. I dont need big prints just 5x7 size.
Would a add on flash help with better quality pics?
I would love to own a 4 or 5 pix camera , such as the Olym E10or 20 or Nikon D1 or up. But a bit out of my range at the moment.

IF anyone has any suggestions for me on taken with my OlymE100 and a good one to maybe look in the future of buying just for these sort of shots please tell me please!

thanks
wvyankeegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:59 PM   #2

I think that your cam is fine for the shot you planned ( 1.4 Mpix, 5x7), 38 mm wide angle may be a bit limited but ok. But, the important is an external flash, imperative IMO, unless the stadium is very well lightened , but a good wide-angle flash will improve greatly, no doubt .
Good luck

PS: your cam has an pc sync terminal , isn't it? you can rent or borrow a good big flash for the event.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2002, 8:06 AM   #3

Thanks for your help, the lighting in the High school gym is a bit yellowish , it doesnt do well in there, but ill prob. do a bunch of test shots . They are doing a program with the players in it and adds and such. This is my fist time doing something like this so I dont want bad shots,lol. Im a bit picky.
I have never tried an external flash before, ive wanted too.
Not sure , but it may have a place to put one, really havent looked ,lol.
Im just a rookie , i taken pics for a long time but only digitaly for about 3 years.
thanks again
wvyankeegurl is offline   Reply With Quote