Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:33 PM   #1

Hi

I had my CF card in another camera, took a few photos and then put it back in my camera. Now my camera has decided to carry on with the file number taken with the other camera.

Is there any way to get my camera to carry on from where it was? Or do i have to start from zero again?

Thanks

Its a canon powershot A60.
Devilkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:47 PM   #2
Administrator

With some models, you can format a memory card with the camera (which will create some subdirectories on the memory card). Then, copy a photo with the last number you want it to use back to the appropriate subdirectory (folder) on the memory card.

When the camera sees the photo with a lower number, it may start from there when you take more photos.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 3:48 PM   #3

Exactly my thoughts Jim.

Format the card. If the card doesn't create folders and subdirectories, you will have to do it. Then copy a pic back to the card that is named one number less then what you want your numbering to start at. It's almost tricking the camera.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 7:39 PM   #4

I dont have a CF card reader, i connect the cam to my pc via the usb cable. Windows doesnt allow me to copy images to the camera that way. If i upload the image using the canon software, the camera renames it.

Is there any software that allows me to copy images to the camera without letting the camera rename them or do i need to invest in a CF card reader?

Thanks for the reply
Devilkin is offline   Reply With Quote