Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 8, 2005, 1:44 PM   #11

I use Picasa a lot and like it. Does most of what I want to do most of the time, and its quick and easy. the I'm feeling lucky option sometimes does amazingly good things for a so-so pic, and the straighten tool is the easiest I've used. Best of all, everything you do can be easily undone, and the originals are not changed. I would have happily paid for it, but Google gives it away.
herbertiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 6:03 PM   #12

I really like Picasa 2 for organising my photos, it's the best application of this type that I have seen. However, I will stay with Photoshop Elements for editing. I am trying Elements 3 at present, but I am not sure if it is much of an advance over Elements 2. I don't really want Adobe Album, but it keeps popping up every now and again. Picasa 2 is much better than Adobe Album.
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:55 PM   #13

stonehill wrote:
Quote:
I really like picasa 2 and use it a ton. I dont like the new picasa forum. So maybe one of you can help me out.

Is there any way to put up two or more pictures on the screen at once-for comparasion sake?

For e-mailing w/o using hello or G-mail what is the best way?
I setup my grandma a while back on version 1, and Picasa just used her regular SMTP email account to send email. Not Gmail.

I haven't used version 2, but if you are using Gmail asdefault your email or you have some option set to use Gmail, then Picasa will utilize Gmail to send pics. You probably just need to check some settings to make sure that Gmail is not set to your default email method.

Also, unless you alreadyhave a Gmail account or Google is giving away Gmail accounts with Picasa, you won't be able to use Gmail. It is a free service, but you can only get an account via invitation. ie - Someone who already has an account.

Hope this helps a bit.

--------
Ryan
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:14 PM   #14

RyanH wrote:
Quote:

Also, unless you already have a Gmail account or Google is giving away Gmail accounts with Picasa, you won't be able to use Gmail. It is a free service, but you can only get an account via invitation. ie - Someone who already has an account.
If you need a gmail invitation, private message me, and I'll invite you.

Brad
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:21 PM   #15

bradg wrote:
Quote:
RyanH wrote:
Quote:

Also, unless you already have a Gmail account or Google is giving away Gmail accounts with Picasa, you won't be able to use Gmail. It is a free service, but you can only get an account via invitation. ie - Someone who already has an account.
If you need a gmail invitation, private message me, and I'll invite you.

Brad
Thanks for the offer Brad. However, with the recent upgrade to 2GB of storage, they also added a ton of invites. I am sure you found yourself with a bunch too.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 7:55 AM   #16
Administrator

I think it's pretty neat for finding your images.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:36 PM   #17

Yes, the Houston Chronicle Tech columnist recently called Picasa "indispensable", especially at the price (nada). As the instigator of this discussion, I have to confess that I was expecting more editing features, primarily for friends who don't have Photoshop (as I do, an older version) or a similar program and ask me for advice. Also, Win2000 Pro (and probably WinXP which I don't use) has some nice organizing/viewing features, as does NikonView which came with my Nikon Coolpix camera.

But I'm not knocking it, if it works for you, use it.
:-D
Steve K is offline   Reply With Quote