Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 11, 2002, 2:56 PM   #11

I purchased a Nikon 5700 for $987 at D.Buys.com 6 weeks ago. It was a US camera with warranty. I was extremely pleased with the CS and on time delivery. Excellent online company.

Glen
gverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 3:11 PM   #12

I would only purchase a US warranty camera. You can check the web site: www.dealtime.com it provides camera reviews by user, price comparison and vendor ratings by the buyers.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2002, 10:47 AM   #13

Default Re: bizrate.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanmarcus
Check out the prices on http://www.bizrate.com

Search for the camera. Click the compare prices button. Sort by price. Scroll to you see a store that is well rated.

A&M (aka broadway photo, aka something else I forgot) is a scan store, and these stores (cci camera, royal camera) are flagged at bizrate.com. Funny thing is, these horrible stores have a bizrate.com icon at the web sites!

Best price I've seen for the s602 is aabout $515.
What's a scan store?
Owlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2002, 3:47 PM   #14

I suspect that gibsonpd3620 was as fumble fingered as I often am and meant to type "scam" instead of the "scan" that came out.

Steve's suggestion of checking out the seller is good. I'd like to add that clicking on the advertiserments here (and at your other favorite sites) is a good way to check prices. Gives support to the site, and it isn't likely that a good site is going to tollerate adverts from bad outfits.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2002, 5:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDrew
I suspect that gibsonpd3620 was as fumble fingered as I often am and meant to type "scam" instead of the "scan" that came out.
Not to pick on your fumbled fingers, but it was allanmarcus and not gibsonpd3620 who made the possible typo.

I'll blame it on the stress on the season, and getting into the holiday spirits!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2002, 2:27 AM   #16

As Steve (moderator) stated, avoid that online merchant. Besides the usual advice of checking out a merchant at www.resellersratings.com and www.bizrate.com, let me add that I've bought a lot of stuff online for 3 years now, the UPS and FEDEX guys know me well! I buy from 4 sites that have never been a problem, they are: www.amazon.com, www.buy.com, www.niceelectronics.com, and www.buydig.com. You will find a low price and reputable service from these merchants, although returns may be a hassle from the latter 2, because of extended 'hold-time' on their customer service phone lines..
Blessings, and Happy Holidays, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2002, 8:58 AM   #17

Mike do not worry Bill is has seen my fumble fingers at work before. I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas. It is a wonderful time for us to celebrate.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2002, 10:00 PM   #18

I would be wary of buying from an online firm that is not an "authorized" dealer. I understand that Nikon, Canon and others will not honor requests for warranty service unless the camera was purchased from their dealers. B&H and Ritz are good bets for most cameras.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2002, 1:52 AM   #19

Terry, I don't know where you got your info from, re camera warranties, as long as you have a dated receipt from virtually any merchant, the manufacturer is obligated to warranty your camera. A simple phone call to their customer service will verify that...I've bought cameras and accessories from a variety of online merchants and never had a problem getting tech support, which also means, service!
Have a prosperous new year...blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote