Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 5, 2002, 3:04 PM   #1

Default Time Lapse pictures

I want to set up a digital camera to take time lapse pictures at a construction sight. about every 15 minutes, 8 hours/day, about 30 days in duration. is there a camera on the market that will do this? or is there a company or person who can tell me how to go about it? I am using a Casio QV3000EX Camera now but would be interested in another that would do the job. I would like to a least use a 3 mega pixel.

Thanks, jay :?:
Jay patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2002, 4:07 PM   #2

i remember seeing a downloadable program reffered to in one of the forums here, that allows you to set up a digicam for time lapse from any pc, but can't find it. You may want to look...
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 4:07 PM   #3

D7xx's do this, as long as battery last and CF card not full.( total 99 frames max )
You can also trip any cam with a timer via the remote terminal ( if any)
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 4:12 PM   #4

What are you going to do with the images? If its just for a web page, a web cam hooked directly to a PC might work better than doing with a full blown digital camera.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 4:36 PM   #5

Since you have a Casio, take a look at http://www.dicasoft.de/ Very nice freeware.

One issue with the 3000 is downloading between shots: due to a flaw in the firmware the camera will always reset to the short end of the zoom. If that is where you want it, there is no problem at all.

With any digicam, you will likely want to run it at one end of the zoom or the other. It is difficult (impossible?) to get the zoom set back to an exactly the same intermediate possition.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote