Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 6, 2002, 12:48 PM   #1

Default AFFORDABLE Digital SLRs

How much longer until real, digital SLRs, (like the Canon D30) become afforable to thos of us that are not in the top tax bracket? When will the day come when someone like Canon offers a digtial SLR, (like the D30) for the same price that a Elan line body does for today (like $700 USD or so).

Are we talking 5 years? 10 years?? I would *love* to have something like that, as it seems to be ideal for the photographer that learned the "old school" way.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2002, 2:49 PM   #2

I agree. I think that they will ride the wave of hi priced levels as long as they can before it changes.
I am really interested in the new oly digital slr size standard.
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2002, 3:44 PM   #3
Administrator

Two years tops is my guess. We've already seen them tumble from $12-15K down to $2K in just the last three years. The next price bracket is the $1000-1200 mark and then sub-$1000.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2002, 3:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
Two years tops is my guess. We've already seen them tumble from $12-15K down to $2K in just the last three years. The next price bracket is the $1000-1200 mark and then sub-$1000.

-Steve
Sweet.. I can't wait.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2002, 4:20 PM   #5

Steve ..I hope your'e right but as long as they can have people on wait lists i guess they're in no tearing hurry.But should they be monitoring this site There are millions of us out waiting for the "rebel slr"...Agassi could probablly be had cheaper for ads also.Don't even think about a new lens standard either don't dump on your former loyal customers...I know wide angle suffers but..you clever guys can figure it out...hey thats why God invented stitching programs.
David
d77avid is offline   Reply With Quote