Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:55 AM   #1

Ive been playing around with PS7 without any formal training. I have found PS7 to be very satisfying, fun, extraordinary, and tons helpful fixing photos. Whereas its a bit frustrating learning from hints, I do feel at this point all I need is a starter and I can work my way from there.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me the method of putting makeup (lipstick) on a person.

The short version would be most appreciated:-)

Thank You

bugshutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:34 AM   #2

You obviously have to select the lips. You can try settings on the magic wand in contiguous. Hold the shift key while you add the other lip or parts it missed. You can also use the lasso or magic lasso. After you have your rough selection hit the "q" key or select quick mask on the toolbar. Blow parts of the lips up to full screen and select a paintbrush. Painting with white adds to the selection and painting in black removes parts from the selection. You can get just the lips and remove any gums that ended up selected for instance.

Once the lips are selected you have several choices. If there is any red in the lips you can go Image>Adjustments>Selective Color and just crank up the red. You can adjust to any hue of red you want with the other sliders. If there isn't enough red select the airbrush tool with a low flow and opacity. Pick the red you want and paint in layers until you get the color you are looking for. You need texture and slight gradations already in the lips, so painting with 100% or using a fill isn't going to look right.

You can paint the lips with a low flow and opacity without selecting first, but it is nice to just swipe over the whole thing with a large brush and know only the selected lips will be affected. You get the color more even and it is less busy work.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:13 PM   #3

Thanks a million Slipe. Hopefully with this photo I used to play around withit will show your expertise and knowledge and also your unselfishness to help someone with potential:-). Keep your billing department open:-)

Attached Images

Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:18 PM   #4

Changed photo

Attached Images