Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:06 AM   #1

Hi guys,
I've been reading this forum for the past 6 months but this is actually my first post.

I'm planning on buying the casio ex-p700 soon but I wanted to know if I can change the lens and zoom so I can get more zoom on my camera and also, where can I find an external flash for this camera. It states that it's capable of using an external flash but it doesn't say which flash to use. any help will be appreciated. Thank you
benso37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2005, 1:40 PM   #2

I can't give you complete answers, but here is some info.
You can't "change the lens" on that type of camera. The lens is attached. Some some fixed lens cameras (like this one) you can attach a lens (either a wide angle or telephoto) to the lens that is already. They vary in quality and price and I couldn't tell you which you would use with that camera. Do note that becuase that camera's lens retracts, this is not a great idea. It's possible you could damage the camera if the lens retracted while the add-on lens was there.

As to a external flash.... I don't know. I don't see a hot-shoe so you couldn't mount the flash that way. You might be able to trigger a flash by setting it to fire when the on-camera flash fired. But I don't know how well that would work. Or how manual the process would be.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 2:52 PM   #3

So, even with the following quote, I can't replace my lenses and filters? The quote comes from Steve's review of this camera.

"The EX-P700 is compatible with Canon auxiliary lenses - TC-DC58 Tele Converter, WC-DC58N Wide converter and the 250D Closeup Lens. (These lenses require the use of the lens converter adapter LU-60A. 58mm filters may also be used with this adapter.) "
Old Apr 14, 2005, 3:22 PM   #4

yes you can use those lenses+filters provided you use the adapter.But you're not replacing original lens, just adding on to it.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 3:47 PM   #5

oh okay...thanks for clarifying that for me...do I run the risk of doing this though? if so i'll just leave it alone.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:00 PM   #6

with the proper adapter theres no risk of hurting anything ,except maybe your wallet,

when you start buying lots of extras:-). Lots of people do this with many different cameras.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:31 PM   #7

okay...thank you