Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:19 AM   #1

I have a Canon A70 that no longer works. I have a number of supporting items such as memory, lens adapter and lenses, and case. Does anyone know about their compatability?
trout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 7:58 PM   #2

The A510 uses SD/MMC memory so your A70 CF memory definitely can't be used. The lens adapter for the A510 is LA DC52F. I don't know how that differs from the A70 LA DC52C, whether it is length or a different bayonet.
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 8:11 PM   #3

Much thanks. It was strange. I was in Montana last week and left the camera in the car. It got very cold that night (Our wading boots were frozen solic) and it killed my batteries. When I tried to use the camera there was just enough energy in the batteries to start the camera as in the shutter opened and the telephoto lens came out partially and then I basicallly had nothing. That night when I put fresh batteries in it the camera came on but the telephoto mechanism was dead partially extended and the computerized focus was inoperable.

I am kind of assuming that the camera cannot be fixed although I posted a message on this board asking if people know.

Since I have the supporting stuff like lens and memory I hate to buy a new camera but it looks like I am going to have to start again.

Thanks for responding
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:02 PM   #4

It appears that the Canon A75 would use the same memory card. Am I correct?
Old Apr 18, 2005, 3:37 AM   #5

Are you sure that you had good batteries when you last tried the camera? There are a few posts from others that have had the lens stop partially extended when batts went flat but the camera was OK with fresh batts.

Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote