Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 6, 2005, 2:58 PM   #1

Im thinking of getting the macro lens and the fisheye lens for my Canon a95 on ebay. Do you guys recommend it buying itanywhere else? Would they make a big difference in my macro shots? And for the fisheye lens... they are use for wide angle is that correct? Thanks!
longn614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2005, 12:03 AM   #2

anything?
longn614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 10:09 PM   #3

I would not buy the lenses off of e-bay unless they were Canon (I don't believe any other major manufacturer makes them for the A95). Most of what you would get from ebay are from manufacturers such as Titanium Optics or something along those lines. There are several threads throughout teh forum that describe these lenses as a waste of money. I would spend a little more and order through the Canon website. My last camera was an A80 and that's what I did after reading many negative comments on those other lenses. The fisheye lense will give you a wider angle, however it would give you that look that resembles barrel distortion I believe. If you are looking to expand the range on the wide end, purchase the wide angle adapter. Hope that helps.
105sunset is offline   Reply With Quote