Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 12, 2005, 8:54 AM   #1

ok well i have had a olymupus mju 500 for about 4 months and it has been working brillantly, recently i went out and shot some sunsets, which i was worried i damaged the lense. straight after the camera seemed to be funtioning correctly and everything seemed fine however,

the next time i used it, a few days after which was my sisters graduation i shot about 25 shots and in about 15 shots i saw dots (have attached a pic with easy to identify dots) i am extreamly worried and dont know if anything has happened to my camera, help would be appreciated. Also would this come under warrenty if i fought it and explained that it just happened, if it comes to that...
Attached Images

-Sam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2005, 9:23 AM   #2

I'm no expert, but the dots seen here appear to be more like water or dust spots than CCD damage. Have you tried to blow dust off the lens, or use lens paper and a lens cleaning solution to clean it?

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 9:34 AM   #3

hey,

thanks for ur quick reply, well first off thats what i thought it was, and hopefully thats still what it is, although it only appears in some of the pictures and the dots are in different spots so yes dust or dirt of something could be a possibility.

i just need reasurance.

thanks

-Sam-
-Sam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 12:14 AM   #4

Are these shots using flash?

If so then it is most likely reflections from dust in the air that sometimes show up in outdoor low light shots using flash. If that it the case, then there isn't much you can do about it, other than using a larger aperture if possible.
rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote