Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 23, 2002, 10:53 AM   #1

Default G2 vs C-5050

My first digital was a Cannon A20. Immediately fell in love with digital...so, I want to get something better. I had looked hard and long at a Cannon G2.

Over the past couple of weeks I have taken my compact flash card into the local Best Buy and made test shots using the G2 and the Olympus C-5050. I have tried to set both cameras as near as possible to the same settings, (ie)flash, resolution,size.

I have found the C-5050 to be hands down the winner. I did not expect this. In your mind could there be all that much difference is the photo quality between these two cameras? The G2 has had such great reviews, that I wonder if I'm missing something.
Silvertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2002, 11:26 AM   #2

The question I would propose is the G2 inferior or is the Oly C5050 superior. I would believe that the G2 is a great camera but this time around Oly came out with something better.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2002, 11:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpd3620
The question I would propose is the G2 inferior or is the Oly C5050 superior. I would believe that the G2 is a great camera but this time around Oly came out with something better.

Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts.
Old Dec 23, 2002, 4:12 PM   #4

silvertree,
I have bought and used the 5050 for the last 4 weeks and have been very impressed by it. I was also torn between that and the G2, and having tried both, i liked the oly better. I was not expecting the G2 to be as good as the 5050, so i was not surprised, but i was surprised by how much better the 5050 was from what i expected of it.
I would recomend it to anyone.
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2002, 4:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geof
silvertree,
I have bought and used the 5050 for the last 4 weeks and have been very impressed by it. I was also torn between that and the G2, and having tried both, i liked the oly better. I was not expecting the G2 to be as good as the 5050, so i was not surprised, but i was surprised by how much better the 5050 was from what i expected of it.
I would recomend it to anyone.
Thanks geof...