Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 14, 2005, 5:39 AM   #1

I hope this is OK to post here, please let me know if not. I teach photography as a home business (very part time). I have been doing it now for about 5 years, and want to sell the books and / or images I have put together to others who want to do the same thing. My website is www.ericspix.com. I have not had any success in selling photo teaching resources to others and want some ideas on how to do this. Please look at the site and give me any suggestions you feel are appropriate. Thanks.
ericsvendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2005, 6:25 AM   #2

ericsvendsen wrote:
Quote:
I hope this is OK to post here, please let me know if not. I teach photography as a home business (very part time). I have been doing it now for about 5 years, and want to sell the books and / or images I have put together to others who want to do the same thing. My website is www.ericspix.com. I have not had any success in selling photo teaching resources to others and want some ideas on how to do this. Please look at the site and give me any suggestions you feel are appropriate. Thanks.
Fantastic photos. You have a beautiful family.
Ponin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 6:29 AM   #3

LOL at 'after speed bump'

:G
Ponin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 10:39 PM   #4

The problem is finding your market. This is always a problem with a small business.

It is often said that the best photographer in the world who can't market will loose to a competent photographer who is great at marketing. You need good stuff and you need to get it in front of the right people.

Personally, I don't believe there is a big market for "how to setup your own photo course" packages... but maybe I'm wrong. I know many photographers and only a few who teach. Teaching is a different set of skills and if you aren't already a photographer (and reasonably good) why would you teach it? Your best selling point for your classes is that you are good at photography. Arthur Morris didn't start teaching classes, he first got good and became one of the best Avian photographers on the planet. Now the vast majority of his income comes from teach classes and seminars (oh, and from books.) And from what I heard he is fairly good in the class room but not very good in the field. But both are always booked.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote