Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 28, 2005, 4:56 PM   #1

So I had a Nikon CoolPix 775 which was only 2.1MP with 3x optical zoom and a poor movie mode. I ordered a Fuji S5500 and it arrived a few days ago. From what I've had the chance to fiddle with so far it seems an excellent purchase. :-)
Anyway, I am looking to get as much from this camera as I can and I would be grateful for any tips. I photograph landscapes and weather phenemenon the most but I am also interested in making a snowboarding film in the future. I love the zoom on this camera, it's just miles better than my CoolPix. However, I am such a fan of the zoom I'm considering a 3x teleconverter lens from Ebay.co.uk to boost the zoom even more. I have worked out how to do the continuous shooting (which should be good for the snowboarding scenes), the black & white mode, and adjust the image quality so the digital zoom can come into play as well. I'm sure I will learn more about the camera as time goes on. I am interested in entering some photography competitions (e.g. my local newspaperincludes a photo from an amatuer photographer each week) and would just like to receive any advice on making the most out of my camera. :-)Furthermore, if I am taking a photo of the moon what is the best settings to have, and should I purchase any additional accessories?
Thanks in advance.
Here's one of the first photos I've taken with the camera:
bred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:52 PM   #2

Here are some more of my photos with the new camera:

The last one is on full digital zoom at 0.3MP (thus, I didn't even have to resize it for posting here).
bred is offline   Reply With Quote