Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 16, 2005, 7:59 PM   #1

Hopped on today at work, and my screen was blue instead of the usual black. Now at home and everything seems normal(back to black) , until I try to post or reply to a post...I can't see what I'm typing - the cursor moves, but no letters form. When I click on preview, the text shows. Also, if I click and drag the compose area, the text shows up as white letters on a blue background. Anyone else having this problem?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:08 PM   #2
Administrator

A software upgrade was performed this morning that caused a few problems.

The problem you're having seems to be unique to non IE browsers using the Shades Board Theme.

For example, if using Firefox, you get black on black text by default when posting. If you use IE, you get white on black text by default when posting.

For the time being, if you can't use IE, I'd suggest changing the Board Theme to Default (My Account, Preferences, Board Theme). Here is the direct link to change it:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/m..._preferences=1

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:08 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I use IE at work, and Netscape 7.2 at home. After the upgrade, Netscape was printing black on black, and I had to change the board theme to default (although I can't remember having ever changed it to anything else before). After that, I printed black on white. I just changed my work computer theme from default to shades, and it prints white on black, just like it used to. I wonder why there's a difference...

the Hun

Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:11 AM   #4

whoops - just realized there was already an existing thread about this condition...sorry.

the Hun

Old Jun 17, 2005, 3:37 PM   #5

Yes, I think a setting or something has changed on the website reply features, so we're getting these things happening. Pretty sure the problem will be fixed soon. This is why I have to type with the green text....because of the black on black setting. I chose green because there doesn't seem to be a 'white' for me to select....but even if I had selected 'white', who knows what would happen if the settings change to a white background at a later stage, in which case, my selection of white text would then make it white on white. So green was a good way to go.
rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, Jim. I use IE at work, and Netscape 7.2 at home. After the upgrade, Netscape was printing black on black, and I had to change the board theme to default (although I can't remember having ever changed it to anything else before). After that, I printed black on white. I just changed my work computer theme from default to shades, and it prints white on black, just like it used to. I wonder why there's a difference...

the Hun

Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 4:06 PM   #6

Kenny,

The green text is hard to see on my light blue background...

Jim,

Can't we go back to the way it was?

the Hun

Old Jun 18, 2005, 1:10 AM   #7

I like the new look,easy on my eyes.Green and blue type hard to see as always
Thanks for the new look.I am using Firefox with no problems
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote