Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 4, 2003, 10:08 AM   #1

Default Viewing pix on TV

If I store the pix from my Fuji 3800 (which is an AWESOME camera) on CD can I put that CD into my DVD player (which is hooked up to my TV) and see my pictures on the TV? I'm trying to find a way around the 1 drawback of this camera, no video out!
cranfordrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2003, 11:55 AM   #2

Depends on your DVD player. It works fine on my Apex AD-1100W, but not every model has the capability.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2003, 12:11 PM   #3

Seems like at least 2 ways to go. There are now multi-media DVD players, as Wildman suggests, which can play DVD's, musicCD's, MP3's and JPEG still pics (That's you).

The alternative, which I'm no expert on, is to use a software package to change a set of JPEG stills into a DVD movie slideshow presentation. My guess is it will be slow for high res. images on anything but a steaming pc. and you still have to burn a disc. Look at the Ulead.com website.

Best option for me would be the multi media DVD player, as you'd just be reading JPEGs and converting files in hardware for TV, probably has an indexing facility on the remote as well - would give best pic quality over software conversion.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2003, 12:12 PM   #4

I have just been experimenting with this issue. Most DVD players of a year or more old will recognize a CD-RW but not many will see a CD-R. I also think that you need software that creates a slide show on the CD-RW. I burned four CD-R and my Panasonic DVD player just said "sorry Charlie", but after some investigation on the net I burned a CD-RW and put some background music on it and now I have a great musical slide show on my TV. I'm sure there are many software packages that will do this but the one I ended up using is DVD Photoplay that comes with "Nova's" Photo Explosion Deluxe. Im not really pleased with this software but it works. :?
herbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2003, 12:25 PM   #5

Might want to try ONDVD from Dazzle. Makes slide shows in VCD format that most home DVD can handle. Allows also sound track but no transitions between pictures. You can also put slideshow on web at their site for online viewing. mindless to use. $19.95
Gary

to view online use link, in search type harley, then choose harley road trip, speakers on.

http://dazzle.mightyeyes.com

When played on home DVD you get full screen.

Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2003, 12:49 PM   #6
lg

I got the Apex model mentioned above for about $50 at Wal-Mart. It works fine displaying jpegs.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:12 AM   #7

Hi
I Have a FinePix 3800 too and wanted to do the same.

After trying several software packages I have just bought Ulead DVD PictureShow. You can download a trial verson from www.ulead.com.

I was pleased with the results; the resolution was good and it was flexible enough to allow music mix. There are lots of other packages reviewed by Steve elsewhere here.

The only downside was that my DVD player was a few years old and I had to buy a more recent one (Panasonic RV32) which has been well reviewed.

The other issue is that it will work with CD-R but not CD-RW. The reason is explained somewhere on this site - http://www.vcdhelp.com/ (and the DVD manual said it wouldn't work anyway).
rmlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 9:00 AM   #8

rmLewis.....Roughly how long does it take the Ulead Picture Show package to convert say 20 or 30 JPEGS in the PC to DVD? I can allow for the burning as I have a slow but sure burner. If it does everything and burns direct, how long and what speed are you burning at?

What do you think of the TV pic quality, with good cam pics in and tvout from player, via SCART cable (RGB?) to TV.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 6:17 AM   #9

Hi Voxmagna

Ulead picture show is an all in one function (like most similar programs). To assemble the slide show for 99 pics and burn to CD-R took about 20mins. The burn to CD took about 10 mins. I have a Sony 4/8/32X CD burner.

Not sure about the second part of your post but when I played the CD-R on my Panasonic RV32 DVD player the results were amazing. The resolution was excellent and the pictures very clear.

Hope this helps you.
rmlewis is offline   Reply With Quote