Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:30 PM   #1

I saw that the other thread regarding this problem wasn't getting enough exposure, the word "problem" seems to attract more views¬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]¬*To sumarize, hitting the enter key to leave a space has no effect. All text gets bunched up together in a single paragraph.*****I also noticed that if I click on quote, to quote a user somewhere mid thread, the quoted text that appears in my reply box is from the last user that posted in the thread, not from the user I wanted to quote.******Clicking on the smileys no longer inserts them into the reply box, I have to drag the smiley into the text. Not sure if it's a bug or a change in the way the forum works. I actually think it's better because previously if I clicked on the smiley it would always go to the end of my text, not where I placed the blinking text thinggy.******Now I'm not sure if this is a browser issue, or a forum bug, or something else, but it seems to have started about two weeks ago. Not everyone has this problem, I see many posts that are correctly spaced between paragraphs. I'm on a mac, running Safari v.1.3.******If anyone has similar problems please post it here so perhaps Steve can get a better idea of what's going on.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:38 AM   #2

Nobody else has this problem? [img]/forums/images/emoticons/confused-smiley-017.gif[/img]¬*My last message was supposed to have 5 paragraphs, I just added "*****" to separate each one. This is annoying because I can't make lists, can't separate different issues in a message, or just make my messgae neater and easier to read.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:05 PM   #3

Yes, I had similar problems, and worse problems. This forum is the only web site I have found that will crash my browser (Safari) consistantly. In reading some posts here it was suggested that this site only works in Internet Explorer. So now I use IE to browse this site, and only this site.

I'm guessing you are using something other than IE and that's why you are having problems.

I'm not happy about using IE but I realize that it's not easy to debug HTML problems and particularly on a site that's been around a while. So I'm not going to complain too loudly to management about this.
BruceMcL is offline   Reply With Quote