Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 10, 2003, 2:18 PM   #1

Default Who is steve?

who is steve? Did he do ALL those reviews by himself??
rejectpunksdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2003, 4:16 PM   #2
Administrator

Steve is me :lol:

Yes, I am real and yes, I did do all of those reviews pretty much by myself. I had some help with a few of them last year but I did most of the work and page editing myself.

I am getting ready for yet another sleepless year as it looks like 2003 will see as many new cameras as 2002 :roll:

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2003, 5:40 PM   #3

I just gotta wonder how you can get your hands on so many great cameras and other photo gear :P
MIDACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2003, 9:09 PM   #4

...and let me not be the last to thank you, Steve, for your tireless efforts that have resulted in this excellent work.

jeff
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2003, 11:22 PM   #5

Quote:
I just gotta wonder how you can get your hands on so many great cameras and other photo gear
I've been curious about that myself. Is the equipment loaned by the manufacturers? Do you get to keep it? (If so, do you need help?

Quote:
...and let me not be the last to thank you, Steve, for your tireless efforts that have resulted in this excellent work.
Ditto. I learned alot from Steve's reviews and read many before buying my first digital.
jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2003, 12:54 AM   #6
Administrator

It isn't difficult to get people to loan you stuff when they get a million dollar's worth of free advertising. Early on it wasn't that easy but once the visitor counter went past thirty million it was no sweat. Now, we actually turn some down as we just don't have enough time to review everything.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2003, 7:40 AM   #7

Default thanks

dittos on the thanks, steve
stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2003, 6:25 PM   #8

thanks for all the reviews steve, they help me out good. I was just wondering, how do you know to take pictures of all the same stuff? I noticed all the sample pics are in almost all the exact same locations. I have bad memory so I wouldn't be able to pull that off. Oh yea, do you get payed to do all those reviews? And do you get free cameras? Just wondering because I want to review cameras also for my website www.rejectpunks.com and I was just wondering how to get companies to send free samples. Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2003, 9:42 PM   #9

I can't specifically speak for this site but I know in general, most reviewers don't keep the product. It's simply a loaner, so don't just open a review site thinking you're going to get loads of free stuff.
BiggieSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2003, 12:39 AM   #10

my site already has a reviews section. And plus, I would open a review site just to be LOANED a camera. I wouldnt mind having a 5 mega pixel camera just for one day. haha