Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 12, 2003, 10:13 PM   #1
joy

Default Genesis Camera

Has anyone heard of Genesis Camera? I'd never heard of it until 2 minutes ago... They sell the Olympus C-4000 for $360... Sounds too good to be true. I was wondering if anyone here has bought anything from them, and if the service was any good. I'm very suspicious of online dealers. (I've heard too many "it never came" and similar stories.)
joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2003, 10:20 PM   #2

You can read the reviews from www.dealtime.com

http://www.dealtime.com/dealtime2000...0.html?from=sr
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2003, 10:30 PM   #3

Don't know about Genesis, but I have purchased two digital cameras from www.buydig.com and have been very pleased. They have the C4000 for $358 with US warranty, they ship fast, and they don't pressure you to buy extras or not have the camera if you don't.
jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 6:48 AM   #4

I have also purchased a camera from buydig.com and was satisified with my purchase.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 12:37 PM   #5

Watch out. Alot of their cameras are Gray market. I originally wanted to buy my Nikon 5700 from them and found out it was not a US model. I tryed to exchange the camera for a US model. The CS did change the order. A week later no camera. I called them and they said it was back ordered and they did not have one in stock. I cancelled the order. It took almost 2 months of calling before they credited me for both cancelled orders. I bought from Dbuys.com and had my US model Nikon in 5 days.
gverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 8:25 PM   #6

Joy - Genesis Camera (also known as 645.com) is based in Bryn Mawr, PA - 182 (or 184) E. Lancaster Ave. By chance, was in the area & I tracked them down the other day and bought a digital camera. The door was open, but they seemed surprised that I was a walk-in since they told me that 98% or more of their business is on the web. Place laoded with rows of computers and telemarketing stuff. Like a Bronx or NYC operation. I got the camera at the discount price, they just mentioned their other packages, but I said wasn't interested. Camera was fine, good brand, but a gray market one from Japan, with a mimographed booklet. They gave me a copy of their warranty and it looked about the same as the camera company's - I'm a lawyer, so I read those things. Also had to download the software from the camera company's website, not included in package, but no problem. Camera work's fine. Believe I saved about $75 on a $499 list camera. But if I wasn't able to walk in, I doubt if I'd trust enuf to order by phone or email. Aidan
Aidan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote