Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 28, 2005, 7:45 AM   #1

I want to start hanging some pictures on the wall. But, as I am renting a place I am not allowed to drive nails into the walls. 1 or 2 is fine, but I want to hang a bit more than that on the wall.

I have thought about double sided tape, but I'm afrait that the paint will come off when I remove it.

Any suggestions?
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:03 AM   #2

3M makes a product under the Scotch brand (like Scotch Tape) that has a hook attached to a strip of what looks like tape with a small tab on it. You attach the hook/tape thing to the wall just like a piece of normal tape. To release it, pull the tab and the strip with the hook comes right off the wall without damaging the paint. I have a couple of these things that have been hanging on my wall for over three years.

You can find these things at a hardware or home inprovement store.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:07 AM   #3

Thanks a lot! That sounds perfect! I'll see if I can find it here. Do you have a name for it? That would help a lot.
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 2:52 PM   #4

I don't know if you've already found something, but its call "Command", from 3M. They come in all shapes and sizes. Various kinds for pictures, towels, calendars, etc... For pictures they support either wire hangers or sawtooth hangers. They're pretty handy items. Good for use even in homes where you don't want to drill a hole in the wall. You can find them at Home Depot and probably any other hardware store. They're about $3-$4 CAD each and come with two stickers (in case you make a mistake or later want to reposition the frame).
TheGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 4:08 PM   #5

Wildman wrote:
Quote:
3M makes a product under the Scotch brand (like Scotch Tape) that has a hook attached to a strip of what looks like tape with a small tab on it. You attach the hook/tape thing to the wall just like a piece of normal tape. To release it, pull the tab and the strip with the hook comes right off the wall without damaging the paint. I have a couple of these things that have been hanging on my wall for over three years.

You can find these things at a hardware or home inprovement store.

Yep, get yourself some of thesehooks and your laughing. I currently rent an appartment with the girlfriend and was in the same situation as you.... not wanting to put holes in all the walls to hang some pictures up.

They have hooks ranging from the mini hooks which can hold 1/2lbs which I have used for holding 8x10's, 11x14's amd a raither large 8x24" frame all the way up to some 7.5lbs monsters (which I have 2 on the back of the bathroom door). Using a pair of them beside each other also worked for a raither large 24x30 print/frame we have from Ikea. I also used two of the medium hooks for 2 large and heavy wood pictures the girlfriend had. I think 3M's rating on their products is definately on the low side of things considering each of these wood frame pictures weights in at around 5.25lbs!

tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote