Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 15, 2003, 2:40 PM   #1

Default good action camera

i am a "newbie" so i dont really know what i am looking for in a camera. i just figured i will learn as i go along. i am also a big wakeboarder. for those who dont know what that is, its like snowboarding on water, which leads to my question...

my question is, what would be a good digital camera to take multiple pictures in 1 second. when i do a trick, it will only last about one second. but the old camera i have has such a bad delay that it is very hard to time it right.

what is a good camera with a slow delay and can take a couple pictures (maybe in burst mode)? or at least what should i look for in a camera? SORRY FOR ALL THE WRITING.
mossy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2003, 4:27 PM   #2
lg

The fastest camera available is no longer being produced-- the Olympus E100-RS. It can take up to 15 frames/second at 1.5MP resolution, and it has a 10x stabilized zoom-- perfect for what you are asking. Check eBay for a used or refurbished one... Olympus occasionally offers refurbished units at their Emporium.

Most of the cameras offer about 2fps, and the Fuji S602 may be your best bet at 5fps if you need faster than that. Others can provide more info.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2003, 10:05 PM   #3

Default welcome to to group

Welcome to the group. Don't know if you visit wakeworld or not but I'm there also. Do a search here for action shots and you might find several of my post. I have been using the Minolta 7i which is capable of 7fps at 1mp or 3.3 at 5mp. The real thing about this camera to me was that when you half press the shutter to prefocus, when you press it all the way it is almost instant. Look under the minotla part of the forum and you can see some more examples(reduced and resised for web use)
[/url]http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6022http://<br /> <br /> Here is what ....jpg[/img]
Ken E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2003, 10:22 PM   #4

Here's the link for down to the minolta discussion.
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6022
Ken E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 3:13 PM   #5

Perhaps in wakeboarding it's the action that's most important. But what do you guys think about the way JPEG compression handles the water spray and the specular reflections which get turned into white square blocks?

Is there a magic feature in editing that can remove these artefacts, a sort of 'white-eye' version of red-eye?
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 1:46 PM   #6

thanks so far for the help. i am still researching.
mossy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:52 PM   #7

Check out the Panasonic Lumix waterproof TS cameras. They are great cameras both in the eater, rain and on dry land.
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 8:57 PM   #8

You just replied to spam which opened up a 9 year old thread. Most of the cameras mentioned are pretty much out of date.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote