Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:31 AM   #1

Hi

I'm looking at Kodak cameras and I've noticed that some dealers sell refurbished cameras with 90 day warranties and some dealers sell refurbished cameras with 1 year warranties. Apparently, both types of warranties are from the manufacturer.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Are these 2 types of warranties for real? Would they be do to the different type of refurbishing done.

Thanks

rperron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:07 PM   #2

Is there a substantial price difference between the cameras with the 90 day and one year warranties? If so, you might actually be buying an extended warranty from the place offering the one year deal, even if they don't say so.
I have bought refurbs and they had 90 day warranties. The last one offered an extended warranty of various durations -- for various price increases.
Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:21 PM   #3

The idea of the hidden extended warranty had crossed my mind. Actually, there is a price difference - about $30 or the price of a 1 year extended warranty.

So, since both sellers claim that the warranties are from the manufacturer, shall we assume that Kodak offers the units at 2 price levels regardless of the condition of the units.

It was only by acident that I noticed the difference in warranties.

Long live the fine print!

Thanks

rperron is offline   Reply With Quote