Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:49 PM   #1

I'll be up front, they have shafted me. They dont respond to emails, take your money though. I should have known better than to use a company, using that term in jest, that cannot list a phone number and mailing address.

Obviously, a fly by night operation.

What's your experience with them?

digitalshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:30 PM   #2

As far as I know Pbase.com has been around for a while. My experience has been excellent. I lost my "log on" once but they solved the problem by assigning me a new one to get me into a site where I could establish a new password. They likey can not tell you what your existing log on is....many organizations do not keep access to passwords.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:40 PM   #3

Thanks, I am not looking for my login. I have emailed since July 25, still no response other than an automated one.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 6:35 PM   #4

I don't know what you are looking for? I find them an excellent company.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 6:58 PM   #5
Administrator

digitalshooter wrote:
Quote:
I'll be up front, they have shafted me. They dont respond to emails, take your money though. I should have known better than to use a company, using that term in jest, that cannot list a phone number and mailing address.

Obviously, a fly by night operation.

What's your experience with them?
Slug and Emily (thefounders of pbase.com) were just married on July 22. So, they may be on their honeymoon (or trying to get caughtup).

http://www.pbase.com/frimpong/image/46720735

http://www.pbase.com/frimpong/emily_and_slug

Pbase was started in 1999 as a place for photographers to share images, and wasa totally free service for a long time (surviving from donations).

Eventually, they had to start charging to make ends meet when the popularity continued to climb.

They've had some growing pains along the way (resulting in major server upgrades, etc.). But, overall, I've been quite pleased with them. You can read more about pbase.com here:

http://www.pbase.com/server_info

Do you have a particular issue with them?

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 7:31 PM   #6

I appreciate your concerns. Its not an upload issue and it's an account issue. You just cant up and leave a service unattended, in my opinion.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:51 PM   #7

I've been with them since last November. First class treatment all the way. There have been 2 "automatic" no-cost increases in storage space. Occasional server glitches but overall top notch service. They are the backbone of my Photo sales.

No advertisements or nasty pop-ups either. Well worth the small fees involved. If you think a venture is easy/smooth/without mistakes - just start up a company on your own. Best education you can get !!

www.pbase.com/jpferguson
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote