Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 17, 2003, 5:50 PM   #1
joy

Default Camera clubs

Although I havn't bought my camera YET... I can't wait to join a club to share photos!! I looked online, but I could only find big associations for professional photographers and other clubs where you had to pay big bucks to join. Is there a way I could find a camera club for other high school students that isn't so formal??
joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2003, 6:17 PM   #2

This forum is a camera club. We share our knowledge, pictures and questions. In your community, look for a computer club. computer clubs will usually have some of the members that are interested in digital cameras.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2003, 8:28 PM   #3

I'm also a highschool student. Check groups.yahoo.com Im sure you can find a camera club there.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:33 PM   #4

Depends if you're looking for a camera club (technical knowledge) or a photo club (sharing pictures). There are sites like http://www.photosig.com or http://www.photocritique.net/ where people post pictures for people to critique, but people can be harsh. There are also Yahoo Groups which are mostly talk which discuss technical issues. The one I'm in is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/ which is dedicated to the Olympus C-700/720/730 cameras only.

The ones online are mostly free, but you may want to look in your city for proper clubs, or maybe start one in your highschool...I know if I was in highschool today I would start one if there wasn't one already.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2003, 12:17 PM   #5
joy

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help you guys!! About starting a camera club of my own... My high school just recently started teaching a photography class. Maybe if I get some more people interested in cameras, I really could start my own club. Thanks for the great idea!
joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:12 AM   #6

Hi,

I've just posted Part 1 of my review of 5 Photo Critique/Sharing websites here:

http://www.photographyblog.com

Hope this helps.
Mark Goldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2003, 2:04 PM   #7

I recently looked around for a camera club (photographic society to you sonny). Anyway it was a waste of time. Plenty around but none with the kit to fully utilise the digital age e.g. digital projector, PC with big screen. Basically they did not have enough dosh to buy diital viewing systems. This meant Jpegs etc couldn't be shared unless printed - bugger that.

I'm now seeking permission to use the conference rooms where I work which are usually equipped with all this gear.

All I need now is a few work mates also interested in digi photography etc.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2003, 3:22 PM   #8

The only camera societies around here either are too much into film (they see digital as "toys"), or too much into computers (a PC user group which has a digital camera sig).

The best places to chat about cameras are still the forums, especially those that have a manufacturer or model forum specific to your camera because there you can talk about issues to your specific camera.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2003, 3:25 PM   #9

Quote:
too much into film
That too!!
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote