Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 10, 2005, 5:35 AM   #1

If you haven´t seen this already, I suggest that you download it. It IS photography related and some images are amazing. You can fly around the world, pick a spot, say New York, and zoom right in until you see the boats...(see images below). Or check out Red Square or the volcano in Hawaii.

You can even type in your street name and check out your house...amazing stuff and quite educational for my kids.

You can even check out the planets plate tectonics (in the oceans)!

Go to http://earth.google.com/and download the 10MB program.

You will spend hours on this thing...great stuff!

Have fun,

Nick

Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2005, 5:43 AM   #2

BTW. Type in "Mount ST Helens" and fly around it, it is in 3D!!! Make sure you click the "terrain" box.

Wow!
Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:10 AM   #3

Someone told me about this the other day. It sounds fantastic... Now I just have to wait for a mac compatible version[img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
jonathan1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:11 AM   #4

In the meantime if you zoom into Warninglid, Sussex, UK and post a pic that would be great[img]/forums/images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
Old Aug 18, 2005, 3:31 PM   #5

I had a play around on this on my brother's computer. It certainly is fun. Google's next project is to map cities in 3d! You will be able to walk around photographic cites... now that will be cool. The first to get the treatment is San Francisco, a special truck with lasers and digital cameras is scanning the streets as we speak[img]/forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]*You might also be interested in this:**http://maps.a9.com/you can look at photos of city streets as they relate to the map... really useful if you're planning a trip and want to orient yourself*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_arrow.gif[/img][img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_arrow.gif[/img][img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_arrow.gif[/img]