Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 13, 2005, 6:32 PM   #1

I live in Juneau, Alaska. I ordered a battery for Rebel XT and it was at my door 4 days latter thats incrediable to Alaska.¬* I bought from them before and always had great service and fast. I have ordered from others and it took weeks. With B&H, the shipping cost is also great. Some other companys wanted $30.00 for shipping thats crazy. B&H only charged me $3.70 to Alaska for shipping. Good luck everyday pays to shop around. Thanks, for¬* reading.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:20 PM   #2

That is amazing. Note to others: There are NO roads that go to Juneau, AK. Access is only by boat or plane. At least that was the case two years ago when I went on my Alaskan cruise. I really enjoyed Alaska. Very beautiful sate!

Enjoy life!
Steven

Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 9:42 PM   #3

My order from B&H took 16 days to get. But I got my stuff with no calls telling me I need other things to use my tripods. LOL.........
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:17 PM   #4

I have placed a half dozen orders with B&H and have had no troubles at all. All orderd were received within 5 days. I have o return in progress, now, and am waiting to see how that goes. I ordered a Tamrac backpack bag and it was too small for my gear. I contacted them and they happily sent an RMA number. It should arrive there Monday.

Most of my orders have been small but I would feel very comfortable about placing a larger order.

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:03 AM   #5
DBB

Mwahahahahahahah

I live near B&H and it's a real trip to actually go there in person.....

This is not a "storefront," they occupy a quarter of a New York City Block - It's electronic heaven...:blah::lol:

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:52 PM   #6

DBB wrote:
Quote:
Mwahahahahahahah

I live near B&H and it's a real trip to actually go there in person.....

This is not a "storefront," they occupy a quarter of a New York City Block - It's electronic heaven...:blah::lol:

Dave
I agree. The experience of shopping B&H in person is not one to be missed. It's nothing short of amazing!

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com

Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:27 AM   #7

I have been buying cameras from BH for years. They deliver what they promise and ifthe productwasnot right, I have never had any problems with returns. They do not overcharge for delivery and have no restocking fee.
pingree35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:16 PM   #8

He he he, I ordered a canon lens and it arrived within eleven days. Customs took another eleven days to clear. Then I placed another order -secondlens and it took 37 days to arrive having been at customs for another 10 days. Bottomline, B&H is good. I would do business with them. It is just that sometimes it is not their fault when things go wrong. Moreover they are always helpful, polite and respond speedly, highly organised and business minded.

Cheers.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:27 PM   #9
Administrator

Tom Overton wrote:
Quote:
I agree. The experience of shopping B&H in person is not one to be missed. It's nothing short of amazing!

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com

Yeah, just don't go there to window shop-- if you're at the counter you better be ready to buy or they're on to the next customer ASAP...
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 2:50 PM   #10

Thanks to all here for your kind words. For the record -- it's a FULL block from 33rd to 34th Sts on 9th Ave.

-- Henry

DBB wrote
Quote:
This is not a "storefront," they occupy a quarter of a New York City Block - It's electronic heaven...
henryp is offline   Reply With Quote