Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:07 AM   #11

KCan wrote:
Quote:
My personnal practice is put the camera at lower resolution right away if I am sure I don't need more in the circumstances. I do this occasionnaly for not important pics. My argument is that if you know for sure you don't need more, why take more?
Your point just clicked in my head. A few weeks ago, I was asked by my church to photograph their community health fair. I got there early to take pictures of the folks setting up and to take practice shots. I didn't plan on using any of the test shots. I could have just as easility taken those at the lowest resolutionn. All, I wanted to do in the test shots was to check lighting conditions and exposure settings. Why fill up the flash card just for test pictures?

The only thing about changing the resolution for doing test shots is that I need to remember to put the resolution back at the highest quality setting. I will be upset if I took 20 or 30 important pictures and the camera was left at the lowest resultion/quality setting.

Thanks for the tip!
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:23 AM   #12

EDD, one of the reasons I short at the highest resolution/best quality is because some day, 5 to 10MP monitors will be commonplace. I want my "old" photos to look as good as possible on the new technology.

Enjoy life!
Steven

Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 10:44 AM   #13

On this one I say that high MP is good as has been pointed out, there comes a time when you want to print a certain large size thenhigh MP is a must to print good resolution pictures.

Also your camera should have settings to move up and down the MP scale.

If you find your computers slow when viewing high MP, then you need new equipment or parts of the equipment to enchance the processing power.:idea:

Patrick.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote