Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 26, 2005, 5:03 AM   #11

On the Forum that sucks thing:

I have had that happening to me about twice, and have made more than 150 posts. Pretty good odds. No piece of software will ever satisfy everybody. I like the feel of this forum more than some others.

The upgrade process was kind of irritating, but it probably was necessary. If it makes the forum better, then its good.

There are always workarounds for problems. You can always delete the contents of your post. That is almost as good as deleting it.

Edd, I must say that it is easy to interpret your post as a attack on the forum, rather than an enquiry. But I too have written many, many posts, emails etc when angy.

Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 8:09 AM   #12

Hi EDD,

If you do not like this forum why do you even keep using it????????????

Ronnie,
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:09 AM   #13
Administrator

EDD:

OK, I was a little "cranky" last night, and my responses were out of line. My apologies. When I pulled up a list of your posts and saw the This Forum Software Sucks in the last several posts that were made, it didn't go over real well with me (especially after the frustration we all had after an extended outage earlier this week).

We are aware ofthe "growing pains" the forums have been going through, and our System Administrator (SG Mark) has been working hard toresolveremaining issues.

So far, since the outage we had Monday and Tuesday to fix some SQL related problems after software updates, I haven't noticed any more SQL related errors. That's not to say that there are not any, but Mark is keeping a closeeye on what's happening. So, if you do get anyerrors, try to get a screen capture so Mark can investigate it.

Thanks.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:50 AM   #14

my only suggestion to JimC is simple:

1-please erase this particular thread as it does not belong in anyway on this forum.

i hope that this one is reset and we can all get a fresh start on the right foot

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:22 AM   #15
Administrator

Some posts in this thread have been removed or edited. Let's keep race, politics and religion out of the forums (even in jest, since everyone doesn't have the same sense of humour).

Thanks!

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:12 PM   #16

He didn't say this forum sucks, he didn't say your country sucks, he didn't say your religion sucks, he didn't say your race sucks, he didn't say you suck- he said the software sucks - so what? Maybe he's right...maybe there's something better out there.

I'm amazed at some of the responses...such anger, such rage! Don't erase this thread, Jim - this is entertaining! I wish you hadn't deleted the anti-American post - I would have liked to have addressed that one.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:18 PM   #17

sjms wrote:
Quote:
my only suggestion to JimC is simple:

1-please erase this particular thread as it does not belong in anyway on this forum.
Of course this thread belongs on this forum !!

It is the manner in which the OP brought his complaint to the table which is/was in question. I agree that it wasn't the best way.

If someone has a grievance about anything, and in this instance, also wanted other opinions, then where else ???

Whilst common sense should prevail in all matters, we don't want total censorship.

I also agree that Politics, Race and the biggest cause of arguments, (don't get me started), Religion, don't belong here. It is a photography forum after all.

And while I didn't take any offense at what is now accepted by the British as a term of endearment and certainly none was meant by the question, I understand why Jim has deleted a couple of posts relating to that.

My apologies to any members that have come across this thread after 'the change' and are now thinking 'Huh'.

You can now press Delete Jim
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:01 PM   #18

I dont get in this section very much, but before the update I also had problems
with losing a post and having to retype it, havnt posted enough sence to know
if it is still a problem,
Also one other thing I have noticed is in my "Right Click" menu "Paste" isnt an option neither is "Copy" unless I highlite something then "Copy" is avaible but even after I Copy, "Paste" still isnt. I have to use "Ctrl C"(Copy) and "Ctrl V"(Paste).
I beleive the reason might be, because Firefox is seeing the post area as
a page and not a postable input area. I do not have this happen on any of the
other sites I visit.

More info for coder
I am running FireFox 1.0 and OS is Win98SE

TechJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:42 PM   #19

Heh heh. I have now had 2 of my posts deleted/edited because of insensitive comments. Heh heh. Boertjies rule! Heh heh.
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:26 PM   #20

that was not just a grievence, it was a rant from frustration (and its not necessarily the forums servers fault) as was even said and should never have been here in that form.you all should think twice before you hit that enter button. i myself have been a victim of my own lack of can candor more then once. i'm more frustrated with the individuals here at times then the mechanics of the forum. think about what you say before you say it. here you are what you say.

if its a mechanics issue the moderators are available via PM to anyone here at any time to hopefully deal with said issue
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote