Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 25, 2003, 5:18 PM   #1

Default Your Opinion please.....

I have an Olympus C-730 and print on an Epson 2200. I get great results up to 13x19 prints in natural light and time exposure in low light (lightening, moon etc). I would like to have more flexibility in low light for family pics and other shots. Looks like the Minolta Dimage 7Hi does better on this count with the 28mm and it has 5 megapixels which would be a nice compliment when I'm shooting with the C-730 (love that 10X zoom). OR - would I be better to wait and see what happens with the Olydak (4/3's) system and the interchangebale lens route, which may offer a cheaper alternative to the current pricing for digital SLR and lenses. I've got money saved up (I'm a pay as you go ametuer). What'd you think? I go back and forth. THX. :roll:
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2003, 7:27 PM   #2
NHL

The Minolta Dimage 7Hi is a great camera with more than enough flexibility, also you seem to have what you need for now...

I would wait for the next PMA if nothing better come along you can still buy the 7hi... May by then you'll have enough save for a true dSLR! :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 8:37 PM   #3

Default Not much diff, then.....

Sounds like you don't think there's not much difference between the Olympus C-730 & the MinoltaDimage 7Hi then? I'm defintely intersted in an SLR set-up if something differ ent is on on the near-term horizon. The cureent models are too big and the learning curve too extreme for my short attention span..... :shock:
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:51 AM   #4
NHL

See over here:
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...795&highlight=

If the extra 5Mp resolution and the above features are not what you want/expect near term then you should wait... It's up to you certainly if you're satisfied with your existing set-up!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2003, 5:22 PM   #5

THX NHL - very helpful, I appreciate your response. I believe I'll ponder this question a bit more, see what develops with the Olydak. The 7Hi will proobaly only get cheaper.