Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 1, 2003, 1:22 PM   #11

Thanks for all the suggestions and I am taking them all into consideration, especially the canon A40. How does the image quality of the A40 photographs compare to the S200. The A40 looks very sleak and am now considering it thanks to NHL. It is also around $50 cheaper which is good for my wallet. So the million dollar question is how does the A40 pictures stand against the S200.

Peace...

Triforce
Triforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2003, 3:33 PM   #12

Take a look at Steve's reviews of 2 and 3 megapixel cameras. You may be able to find a cheap 3 megapixel for $300. Check out the models that you like on Ritz or one of the other vendors that support this site. The original price listed in the review may have dropped. Do get an optical zoom no matter what. My original digital camera was a 35 mm fixed focus camera. I had to upgrade a year earlier than planned just to get a camera with an optical zoom.
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2003, 8:05 AM   #13
NHL

Triforce

Quote:
So the million dollar question is how does the A40 pictures stand against the S200.
How about someone paying you a million if you can tell the difference in term of picture quality? very very unlikely! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The differences are only in features... The 2Mp resolution would have masked any differences (if any) in a superior lens, but I rather doubt that. I think the metal case is where all the extra $50 went on the S200!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2003, 9:18 AM   #14

And the saga continues. I have been scouring steves 2 and 3 megapixel digicam reviews and think I have found another contender. The fuji A303 looks very promising. It is a 3.2 megapixel camera with 3x optical zoom and is $300. Looks like the perfect balance between price and features. What is your opinion on the fuji and do you think they make quality cameras in general.
So many cameras so little time :lol:

Peace...

Triforce
Triforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2003, 10:10 AM   #15
NHL

Well you just move back away from CF to xD memory card another memory type, there's nothing wrong with this as long as you like the camera. The fuji A303 is lighly bigger than your 1st choices the S200, but you just gain another 1Mp for the same cost. xD is slighly more expensive as the device get larger as compare to CF, so keep it in mind as well when you move up to a future camera...

Quote:
So many cameras so little time
... also the more you spend, the more choice there is!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote