Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:03 PM   #1

I have a fuji fine pix s5100.

We are going to see an ice hockey game. My son's boyscout troop is going to be on the ice in uniform to say the plege and do something else on the ice. I have a feeling our seats will be up high. How do I get the best picture? the flash won't be very helpful or at least I don't think it will.

I know I can change the type of lighting conditions but I don't really know what type of lights you would be under.

Any input would be helpful...but in nice simple easy terms to under stand. I do have a tripod I could bring.

Thanks!
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:33 PM   #2

Your flash won't reach down to the ice.

First, set your ISO as high as possible (ie. ISO1600) so that your camera is as sensitive to the light as possible.

Then I would set the camera to shutter priority and shoot wide open (probably about F2.8.

Hopefully your camera will calculate a shutter speed of 1/60th a second or faster.

Your trying to capture as much light as possible.

If you can, using a tripod or a monopd would be helpful to eliminate camera shake.

-- Terry
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2005, 6:36 AM   #3

Thanks. That is what i will try. I am hoping while the scouts are on the ice we can move down to get a closer look. Hopefully they are on the ice long enough that I can try a few different things.
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote