Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:56 PM   #11

Dave,

I was really just joking about the RDC-5300. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. It's not a bad camera as long as you have lots of light. Indoors, at night, forget about focusing unless the subject is really illuminated. I got so tired of that flashing L.E.D, that I came pretty close to throwing it against the wall. It's a real shame, too, because this is one well-built camera that is capable of taking excellent pictures. It has a manual focus, but you have to use the LCD screen. And guess what? If there isn't enought light to auto focus, there isn't enough light to see what you're doing in the LCD screen! (Slow lense, I guess) It's about as useful as the AF assist light on my A40. Of course, the A40 will foucs in very low light, depending on the subject. And it doesn't even need light to take a decent picture, thanks to the Portrait and Landscape modes. I've gone from one extreme to the other.

Glad to hear you finally got a white cursor.

Dan
Dan29944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 1:30 PM   #12

I use W98SE and a Microsoft PS2 mouse with IE6.0
My mouse cursor changes from a white pointer to a white capital "I" when in this black text box. I have no trouble seeing it. If you can't see it, it could be either you have a poor quality monitor or the monitor is not calibrated properly. You can get a free trial calibration program at:
http://www.passmark.com/products/monitortest.htm
Just click on DOWNLOAD at the bottom of that page. It's good for 30 days.
MentorRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:19 PM   #13

No problems here. With Netscape Navigator on a Mac, I get a nice white scrollable edit window with black characters and the standard vertical flashing insertion marker. The cursor is a standard black 'I' beam.

Hitting the preview button transforms the contents of the edit window into the white text on black background typical of normal forum posts.

Go figure!
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:27 PM   #14

I fired up my Win2k laptop with IE 5.5 and find that the edit window is as MentorRon described above--white on black background but no trouble seeing the insertion mark or cursor 'I' beam.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2003, 8:10 PM   #15

Windows 98SE running 32 bit colour. My mouse cursor disappears (black on black) when I move it over the editor. When I click, the I-beam cursor appears in white at the insertion point.

I hadn't really noticed this until the topic was raised - I don't find it a problem.

fenlander
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2003, 10:53 PM   #16

Whew! At least I am not alone.
deebeeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2003, 3:19 AM   #17

I'm using Win98 SE. IE 6.0 and the Logitech wheel mouse, default settings, I don't have any problem like you are describing..blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote