Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 6, 2003, 10:25 AM   #1

Default eCOST.com

has anyone bought anything from them?
I'm heading down that direction with the family in a couple of months to shop at there store (if they have one).
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2003, 10:52 AM   #2

www.resellerratings.com has a decent rating on the store. You can review comments by going to the resellerratings site.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2003, 9:53 PM   #3

Default ecost is okay....

I just ordered the UR-E8 adapter and the MB-E5700 battery adapter for the CP5700 from ecost. They had the best price at the time. No problems.

MB-E5700 = 110.00
UR-E8 = 11.99

Free shipping but 8.99 handling, duh!
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2003, 9:54 PM   #4

I've ordered from them on several ocasions, only time I had a problem was over two years ago when E-10's were back ordered to infinity, and it took them almost two months to deliver it to me. It wasn't their fault, Olympus couldn't supply enough cameras to the market at the time. Today I still shop with them, even if their price isn't the cheapest, at least I know there's no hassle with them.

Another place I also shop online is www.emscomputing.com , worth takinga a look, these are the two main online stores I get electronic stuff from But for pro camera and lens equipent I go to B&H.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2003, 11:39 PM   #5

Default Re: eCOST.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixrus
has anyone bought anything from them?
I'm heading down that direction with the family in a couple of months to shop at there store (if they have one).
ordered from them 2 or 3 times
one of those times bought cam from them. price was very attractive, but cam was in backorder for several months. didnt really have problems other than waiting time from them.

on a related note: dont buy cams from small inet stores -- that's a real rip off -- they put very small prices, and then you have "problem" ordering your cam, so you have to call them, and once you call, they don't want to sell you cam unless you will buy extra equipment from them, like bunch of lenses or batteries. once I almost bought japanese-market cam from such store - it would not be covered by us warranty and manual+cam controls would be in japanese. they told that if I want us-market cam I need to pay 200 more. so stay w/ brand name stores -- ecost.com is just fine.
sunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2003, 9:46 AM   #6

thnx everyone...
all the advice has been helpful. just heard from my nephew who lives down in the L.A. area. eCost is a huge shipping/distribution center that's part of PCMALL.COM that's not even located in a commerce/retail area- more like industrial/manufacturing area on the outskirts of Torrance, CA. They don't even have a will call area for walk-in customers. I guess I'll just have to buy it online.
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2003, 3:47 PM   #7
lg

I have bought from both eCost and PCMALL, and have been very satisfied with both of them.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote