Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 10, 2003, 9:09 PM   #1

Default best online photo printing site?

hello,

I just want to know what your opinions about the best online photo printing sites as far as quality and pricing? I just got a canon a20 a few months ago and havent printed out any pictures yet. I wanted to print out some pictures that I took over the Christmas break and want to hear some feedback from you guys before going ahead. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bobby
MaLuBoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2003, 10:09 AM   #2

Bobby,
I use www.photoaccess.com for prints from 4x6 to 11x14 and like it. Also their software interface is very - and I mean VERY - convenient. For example you can browse through the pictures you ordered any time before or preview cropping when placing an order.
Sergey
sergey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2003, 1:43 PM   #3

The two highest rated sites seem to be www.shutterfly.com and www.ofoto.com. I think both have the same pricing.

I haven't tried ofoto yet but I have read reviews about them and they were very good. I have used Shutterfly many times and have been very happy with their work. The interface is VERY easy to use, they are fast and professional. I have tried dotphoto and clark photo as well and neither had the qaulity as Shutterfly. Having said all that, while Shutterfly is excellent, my local lab is better. Shutterfly wasn't as good with the correct colors as my local lab. I will give ofoto a test too see how their colors are.

Best thing to do is send a few prints in too a few different companies (make sure they are the exact same prints) and do a side by side comparison. Thats what I did. My last test will be with ofoto. So far my local lab is winning.

Tom
http://www.tomofarrell.com
tom_myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2003, 8:46 AM   #4

Default thanks

I'll check those sites out, thanks for the help.

Bobby
MaLuBoB is offline   Reply With Quote