Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 22, 2005, 6:17 PM   #1

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is so special about these "four thirds" lenses for this camera? Is it something to avoid? Somebody has told me that is supposed to be a new standard for digital photography - can anybody please tell me if this technology is any good? Also (I know this is the wrong forum) but is the E-300 any good?

Thanks

Dom
DomCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:46 AM   #2
DBB

DomCotton wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is so special about these "four thirds" lenses for this camera? Is it something to avoid? Somebody has told me that is supposed to be a new standard for digital photography - can anybody please tell me if this technology is any good? Also (I know this is the wrong forum) but is the E-300 any good?

Thanks

Dom
A format is the size of the sensor - the relationship between horizontal and vertical dimensions. Olympus and others are pushing their Horizontal to vertical relationship, called 4:3.

Is it better? Is it worse? It's the format. Olympus is also making lenses to match this format.

Olympus makes good camera's. Is it a better camera then Nikon or Canon or others? Beats me - I suspect you have to make your choice based on the individual camera. There are probably reviews of all these models on this very site! Check them.

I'm happy with my APS format Nikon...:lol:

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote