Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:47 AM   #1

what is smallest digicam that saves RAW images?Also,* I'm new here - it's not clear what the Description field is for and it's very hard to see the cursor in this message field using Safari. Is there a better browser.
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2005, 10:45 AM   #2

Go to "My Account" and "Preferences" and change your board theme to something you can see easier. Perhaps a more knowledgable user has other tips.

As for RAW, the smallest that saves RAW files fairly QUICKLY and that I personally have had some experience with, appear to be several of the Canon PowerShots (like the S70, but after a burst of 5 shots takes 8-12 seconds per RAW file saved). I am sure others will chime in here pointing to other perhaps smaller cameras with good RAW capabilities to help answer your question!
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 12:20 PM   #3

hg - thanks a lot. a white background works much better for composing text. I just bought a Canon SD550. Back in film days I used mostly Nikon for 35 but found the coolpix 4100 too unresponsive and lacking in the UI department. I will consult the manual to see if it will save raw files. How much bigger is the Canon S 70?
Old Oct 23, 2005, 12:48 PM   #4

You can read all the details here in Steve's reviews http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/s70.html.

You can also find other cameras to compare here at Steve's Digicams as well as dpReview. Hope this helps!
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote