Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:55 AM   #1

I am about tp purchase a Digital Rebel XT and 2 lenses in the next few weeks. I have used New Egg almost exclusively over the past 2 years and made many purchases from them with complete satissfaction, however;

I can purcahse the camera for about 50 bucks less from www.buydig.comand save a few bucks on the lenses as well. I have looked at the reviews and ratings on Reseller Ratings and they generally get good remarks. There are some negative ones as well, but I expect thats the case anywhere.

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with buydig.com. Any feedback would be appreciated.
davidreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:03 AM   #2

Ask New Egg if they can match the price. Also check cost of shipping at both stores. A lot of places sell low and make up the diffrence in shipping charges.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:01 AM   #3

The price match is a great idea. I have emailed them and asked. Seeing as how I have spent about 3500 bucks in the past 2 years maybe they will.

As for shipping, buydig has a free shippping option, 10 business days or UPS for about the same price. Reading the reviews a number of ppl have commented that they chose the free option and received their purchase in a few days.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope New Egg will step up and if not price match, at least offer me some reduction ....
davidreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:19 AM   #4

I've ordered from buydig several times and never had a problem. I've also ordered from newegg and I've heard nothing but positive comments about both places. But, I also like to repay loyalty so if a merchant I generally do business with is close in price then I'll stick with them. With that in mind I like the idea of asking newegg if they'll match the price.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote