Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:59 AM   #11

The camera of the future is the one you buy TODAY.

If you are going to waiting for "The Camera of the Future" you will spend your whole life waiting, never buying. So buy what is available today and enjoy it.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:34 AM   #12
Super Moderator

amazingthailand wrote:
Quote:
The camera of the future is the one you buy TODAY.

If you are going to waiting for "The Camera of the Future" you will spend your whole life waiting, never buying. So buy what is available today and enjoy it.

Declan
I'm curious - did you actually read the start of this thread?
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:47 PM   #13

I'd like the following in a future DSLR camera...

A camera that does what the current DSLR can do, except add a few extra things....

1) A system that allows you to use either the thru the lense viewfinder or the LCD for composing the shot. I'm not concerned about whether a SLR system is different as compared to a typical digital camera. It would be nice to have a camera that lets you compose the shot via the LCD if needed.

2) A LCD system that lets you see what you're composing even in bright conditions.

3) Lets you record television quality video, which lets you keep recording until the memory card fills up completely.

4) A new system on the underside of the camera that lets you mount the camera on a tripod very quickly without having to fiddle around with screws and things like that.

5) A flip-out swivelling LCD for the DLSR system so that you can point the camera toward yourself and still be able to see yourself in the LCD.

6) A system that doesn't hang for a long time immediately after you've taken a rapid bunch of photos in burst mode.

7) Will always remember the current camera settings (image resolution etc) even when you take the batteries out of the camera or re-format the memory card.

8) Lets you deal with hot pixels when you start to get them.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:43 PM   #14

Okay now lets be realistic. Here's a few principles to think about:

1) Cameras will have to get easier to use.

I see too many amateurs with fully featured cameraswhere theycan't figure out 10 percent of what the camera is capable of doing.

I would expect that a camera should "learn" the users photographic habits and adjust.

We could override the camera's choices with voice activated commands like "exposure compensate by one stop you idiot" or "give me a blurred background".

2) More responsive

Too many complaints about missed photos.

There should be no lag what so ever, that the mind could notice, at least.

3) Lenses are too expensive

If NASA can correct the HUBBLE telescope with software, then why can't we get a lens to do what we want with software?

One minute, the lens would act like a super wide zoom, and the next reconfigure itself as a 500mm F2.8 bird watcher special.

I don't care ifthe lenshas to use non-visible light to do so!

4) Every shot should look like National Geographic

If the photographer does not have the skils of a National Geographic professional, the camera should suggest changes.

The camera should issue us commands like "make a move to the left", or "zoom out! zoom out!" or better yet "that's a pretty boring scene - move on!".

There's no reason why a camera shouldn't be able to analyze our shots and teach us something.

Or better yet, tell us when a good shot is coming so we don't miss it!

-- Terry

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:57 AM   #15

Remote controlled hover-camera!
pterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:04 PM   #16
E.T

Lower noise and better dynamic range over extra megapixels added every half year!
(or at least improve those considerably before adding more noise pixels)
That should be one of the biggest goals.

Also considering timeframe HDTV video recording shouldn't be too much to ask.

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
If NASA can correct the HUBBLE telescope with software, then why can't we get a lens to do what we want with software?
Because NASA installed " eye-glasses" to it!
In first (of many) service flight... (which won't be possible with "successor")

DomCotton: better cameras have long had live histogram.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:48 PM   #17

AI cameras. Where it will counteract the shake and do everything for u. SImply put just focus the camera and select a focus point. The rest will be calcualted automaticaaly and as u press the shutter button the AI(artificial Intelligence) will couteract any shake and give u the perfect image. No more crop factor.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"svb
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 8:23 PM   #18

Programmable mobile camera. I want to send the camera out to take pictures and return home by itself, so I can stay home and take a nap.:lol:

But seriously; hi resolution EVF instead of optical VF., for WYSIWYG exposure.

A sealing system to prevent dust migration into camera when changing lenses. I will not buy a DSLR without this. NEVER, EVER!! Might accept self-cleaning though.

Get rid of the mirror (in conjunction with EVF)

Maybe even just a one-lens camera with variable lens elements to create any focal length you want in the same lens body.

Continuous shooting mode that captures the shot just BEFORE you press the shutter.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:43 AM   #19

nymphetamine touched on AI. I couldn't agree more! I want an intelligent android, like Data from Star Trek, to take my orders and take perfect shots exactly the way I had in mind.*Okay, to function like Data, but look like Jessica Alba!*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/grin.gif[/img]*To be serious, I'd like to see the use of composite/exotic materials like carbon-glass fiber, ceramics and titanium for body construction, multi-core image processors, MRAM chips for blistering speed of reading and writing images, sensors that would make use of diamond microlenses (I made that up, I'm not sure what benefit that would bring other than raise prices), dynamic range that matched human vision, etc, etc...
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:08 AM   #20

When i pull my left ear it takes a stereo image of what i see and stores it to my computer using wireless internet.

How abouta camera called the Hypnotizer one that when you look at the image it makes you click the buy it now button? Now that would be sweet. I could sell ANYTHING!

No seriously, how about a camera that can fill a memory card on one charge of batteries? one that doesnt fall apart? all i want is somthing reliable.
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote