Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 16, 2003, 6:42 PM   #1

Default Upload pics to Media Cards

I would like to upload pics from my computer to a media card (Compact Flash) to be exact. How do I do this???? Can I, "A" Upload pics to the camera with the media installed in the camera or "B" UpLoad via reader with media installed on the reader? I myself this its "B" but I'm new to this. & if its "B" do I need to buy a specific reader. This is so I can show others (w/o a computer or USB) on there TV with video jacks, with pics I have taken in the past.

Dave (JayDee)
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2003, 7:00 PM   #2

Just get a CF card reader. They also write. In Windows, in appears as a removeable media drive. Use it as you would use any other writeable drive.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2003, 7:12 PM   #3

Some cameras won't preview the pics you put back on the card if they have been edited or re-saved with a different file length. The file name should be in the same format and in the same directory as the regular picture files.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2003, 10:47 PM   #4
lg

Default TVwriter

TVwriter is a utility designed to do exactly what you are asking. I have it, and you will lose the preview capability. The file is optimized for viewing on a TV, so you can get lots more pics on the card. Check out this thread.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2003, 1:28 AM   #5

Default Thanks

Thanks LG I didn't know that, but now I do. I have sent the author of TVWriter a e-mail to ask him if my camera is on the list that are compatable. On the same thread, it also says, I can upload to the camera, so I don't need a reader. I have tried it just a few minutes ago & it does work. Something I ask the saleperson if I could & he said I couldn't , he said I would need a reader to upload pics to the Compact Flash card even though between the both of them they have over 50 years of camera experience. My guess is that they never tried it, so they just said NO. But you guys knew, thanks again fer all yer help. Thanks also to Gary S. ya save me $46.00.

Dave (aka JayDee)
Old Feb 17, 2003, 11:47 AM   #6

Default I did what they said was "MAY" not Work

I just adjusted a pic by croping it within the program that came with the camera & renamed it using the same file format but different name & I uploaded it to the camera & it works cuz I can see the pic in the camera screen. I thought that this was not possible.
Cuz maybe they said that this "MAY" not work instead of NO it won't.
Any thoughts in the matter??? ehh LG???? I not complaining I just puzzled why my brand & model can do this WITHOUT a prg like TVWriter.