Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:54 PM   #11

I finally went to a camera shop and had the camera checked out. There doesn't seem to be a problem. However, I used another software program and the pictures are much better. But some are still blurry, like the Ace Hardware one I showed everyone. So I'm thinking NOWcamera shake or poor lighting DOEShave something to do with it, like some of you have suggested!

Now I've concluded some of the pictures were just poor, nothing to do with a malfunctioning camera.

Also, the clerk brought up something that I never eventhought of. He asked me how I get my pictures developed. I told him I originally took the memory card to Walgreen's and had them developed. BTW, I do all the editing on the special machine they have in their store. My first batch of pictures turned out near perfectusing just the memory card. But for my most recent pictures I copied them ona blank CD and had them developed off of that.

He said that may be the problem! Me thinks he may be right!!!
mesolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:58 PM   #12

One thing. Can pictures be reloaded back into the memory card from the computer?

If YES, what are the steps? I just bought a card reader, if that helps.

Thanks to all who have responded so far!
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:32 AM   #13

Many or most cameras store on the card a low resolution thumbnail (or websized image) for use when viewing on the LCD monitor AS WELL AS the original high quality image. It's not unknown for print shops to print both versions, or only the wrong (low resolution) one.

You should inspect the contents of your memory card and/or CD, to make sure you and the printing house aregetting the right set.

Good luck,

Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:36 AM   #14

mesolo wrote:
Quote:
....One thing. Can pictures be reloaded back into the memory card from the computer?

If YES, what are the steps?....
Yes. You need to write the file in such a format and into such a directory structure that the camera thinks it's one of its own pictures. The easy way to do this is with David Taylor's "TVWriter" software which was 20 ukpound shareware from http://www.satsignal.net/when I bought it a couple of years ago. You should try the demo version first to see whether it works with your camera.

Good luck,

Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 12:25 PM   #15

not forgetting also that any image file you write to the card by any means other than by capture, must conform to the same pixel-dimensions which the camera itself uses. If, for example, your6Mp camera produces images which measure 3000 x 2000 pixels,it will not be able to recognise or display any images which do not conform to those dimensions --- unless the camerahastwo or more image-size settings, in which case any image youtransfer from PC to card/camera must match one of those settings.
pip22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 4:13 PM   #16

Solution: I dowloaded previous pictures back to the memory card. Once again, I went to Walgreen's and edited the pictures myself. This time however,they came out clear not blurry.

So thecorrect solution for my problem was having the pictures developed from the memory card and not the CD. However, I do save my pictures to a blank CD for back-up.

Thanks to ALL that responded!