Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 17, 2003, 6:16 PM   #1

Default Same old question: "Which digital camera should I get?

first, i am not buying a digital for its photo production quality. I am looking for a smaller, convient dig cam that produce DECENT pics for prints and webpages. So far, i have set my eyes on Canon s30 and s230.

Which camera below do you think i will get the most for my money? Or you have any other in mind, plz feel free to comment.
I am looking to spend around $500 CDN.

Also, r editor's choice, user's reveiw, and value watch accurate on Cnet? are they honesty to the consumers who want to buy products there? or is it just a way advertisting for big companies?

and, how is Canon's reputation in dig cam? I am surpried that Canon cams got more good reviews than traditional camera companies like fugifilm and nokia.

do you guys suggest that i should order dig cam on line? Would it be cheaper? btw i live in Canada

feel free to comment anything! thanx you!

Also is S30 among the top of line in its class?

Canon PowerShot S30

http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...ir.productinfo

Canon PowerShot S230

http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...?tag=pdtl-list [/B][/QUOTE]
SmOoTh__OpErAteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2003, 12:08 AM   #2

Either camera will make you happy. Since you're Canadian, check it out at www.megapixel.net, they like the s230 better..blessings, Johnny
(megapixel is a far better source than cnet, for digicams)
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2003, 8:59 AM   #3

Quote:
how is Canon's reputation in dig cam? I am surpried that Canon cams got more good reviews than traditional camera companies like fugifilm and nokia.
I'm a bit confused as to what the above actually means. Canon made cameras long before there was a "fuji" or "nokia" and has some of the best digital cameras available - D30/D60, EOS-1D, 1Ds, etc.

The S30 is an excellent cameras - hard to go wrong with it.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2003, 10:04 AM   #4

I can take pictures with my Nokia 8260???? Man, had I known that I wouldn't have bought my E-10 or D100 :P Sarcasm aside, Canon is a good brand, specially in my opinion, because Canon along with Nikon are the only companies that make cameras that use compactflash exclusevly.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2003, 1:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marokero
I can take pictures with my Nokia 8260????
Actually, Nokia does have a camera (HS-1C) that plugs into certain phones (7210, 6100, 6610, 6800). Although only VGA, it's neat to be able to take a picture and then send it out immediately:

http://www.threegmobile.net/gallery/...adset-eng.html

Also of note is the Ericsson-Sony P800, a phone/PDA which also has a camera built in.

And there's the Sony Clie PDAs with built-in cameras.

You were obviously trying to make a joke, but you never know what the future may bring, and the future is now!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote