Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:00 PM   #1

I know you can upload your pictures from a memory card (viaa UVB cable)to the computer. But I'd like to know if it's possible to transferthose pictures backto your memory card. In other words, can you reload a memory card?

I want to have pictures developed off of my memory cardinstead of transferring them firstonto a blank CD.
mesolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:46 PM   #2

Yes, you can load pictures (from your computer)on to your memory card. Be advised that some cameras may not display modified pictures, however. But if all you want to do is take them to a local shop for printing, you should be OK.

I would not necessarily recommend using your memory card to get pictures down to local shop. Besides the remote chance of loosing your card, I would worry somewhat that the card could be damaged by the shop, if you don't know what equipment / setupthey are using. I would consider using a CD-RW.

Paul in NoVA
Oly E- 500 C-730
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoney_g
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:40 PM   #3

Ok...what are the steps I have to take? I don't have any idea how to do this.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:32 AM   #4

I have to agree with plg3.

I would NEVER send/give my memory card to a shop to have prints made.

To make a CD-R, just burn your photos to a CD using any commercial CD burning software.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:36 PM   #5

All I want to know is what steps doI have to take to re-load my pictures from my computer back to my memory card??

Does anyone know?
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:17 PM   #6

If you have a USB card reader connected to your PC your card should show up as a 'Removable Drive'. All you need to do is to copy your files to that drive using ordinary windows operations (i.e., drag and drop, copy/ paste).

I'm not sure if your camera supports file write operations from the USB port.

Caution, don't use windows (DOS) commands to format the card, only format your card using the camera.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:37 PM   #7

While your camera is connected to your computer, go into my computer. If your camera shows up as a removable drive, after editing just use the "save as" function and select your camera as the destination. If your camera does not support writing, you will have to use a card reader. In that case, the steps are the same..you would just select the card reader as the "save as" destination. Or if you desire you could drag and drop.

That being said, I agree, I would not take my card to the lab to have pictures made. I would use a cd-rw. Also, many retailers (such as Walmart) allow you to send the files via the internet and then you would just pick the pictures up when they are done.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 3:54 AM   #8

It's still not downloading, I'm going to have to bring it in to a camera shop again.

Because just abouteveryone has mentioned it, I wantall of youto know, I don't give my mc to anyone. When I go to Walgreen's I use their editing machineto enhance my picturesand alsopick out the onesI like thebest. And when I'm finished I push a button and take out my mc out of the machine. This is alldone automatically. The clerk just develops the pictures, the mc stays with me. Now is everyone happy??
Old Nov 13, 2005, 5:58 AM   #9

mesolo wrote:
Quote:
It's still not downloading, I'm going to have to bring it in to a camera shop again.
To get modified images back on to many models of camera, you need David Taylor's "TVWriter", designed originally for making slide shows using a digicam and a TV, from http://www.satsignal.net/. It was 20ukpound shareware when I bought it a couple of years ago. You can choose the resolution you want, and you'll need better resolution if you want prints than if you just want to see the images on TV.

You'll need to have your memory card formatted in the camera if it's to recognise the file structure.

Good luck,

Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 5:45 PM   #10

mesolo wrote:
Quote:
Now is everyone happy??

Everyone but you by the sounds of things
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote