Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 3, 2002, 1:55 PM   #1

Default multi-frame burst mode

i am looking at a sony p-7 or p-9. most interested in its multi-frame burst mode and it size. wondering if any other makes have that feature and approximate size? also appreciate any info on whether or not extra meg in pixel is worth price. after all it is a point and shoot camera. thanks in advance.
redone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2002, 2:36 PM   #2

redone,
Many cameras most brands have burst mode. Alot of the less expensive drop to 640x480 (TV res), an olympus 460z will do 10 frames in 5 seconds at that, this is a lower end cam.

Higher mega pixel will let you print larger pictures. kind of like film 110 did not enlarge that great but 35mm being a larger film did.

Back to the burst mode figure out size and how many is important , then check out the cams that meet your requirements.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2002, 5:34 PM   #3
lg

The Olympus C2100 ($400) will do up to 5 frames at one time at 1600x1200 resolution at about 2 frames/sec, or will do 640x480 at the same rate up to the limit of your SmartMedia card. If you're looking for something faster, I don't think there's anything out there that will beat the Olympus E100RS-- it will do up to 15 frames/sec at 1360x1024, but it costs a good bit more ($750).
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2002, 5:42 PM   #4

I've seen the discontinued E100RS for as little as $400 new at Fry's Electronics
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote