Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 4, 2002, 1:10 AM   #1

Default Digital Camera

I would like to buy a reasonably priced digital camera which has the facilities for night shots (shutter speed at least 10 sec.), macro, directly connectable to TV to view pictures, and audio recording/play back. I find that Canon A40 has all these. Is there any other such digital camera with these functions. Thanks for any help/advice. Mathew
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2002, 7:57 AM   #2

Default Advice

Check:

http://www6.activebuyersguide.com/ab...5Xe010&RefID=0

This page also advised me to buy a Sony Mavica MVC-CD200 and this was the perfect camera for me! Check it out what it can do for you...
hasato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2002, 8:08 AM   #3

I bought my A40 Sun 6-30, I have had trouble getting the driver installed properly and it may be bad USB cable. Otherwise I think I'm going to be happy. If TV screen is big your pics will distort somewhat. I'm going to try on smaller TV. I've gotten good low-light and going to try for fireworks tonight with tripod and long shutter. You only have 2 aperture settings available, but 15 to 1/1500 shutter. Got full stop on hummingbird wings. Basicly I think it will keep me happy for a while. I decided to stay in the $250 - $350 range because I not a very experienced photographer. This camera seemed to have enough manual options for me to experiment with yet still point and shoot. The camera is easy to use, pretty easy to get through the menus. Wish it had higher optical Zoom (3X). Unless I cannot get computer to recognise camera, I don't have any real complaints. I can get around picture upload with card reader, but there is a patch out for the A40 which I cannot install unless computer recoginise camera. I paid $299. It seemed to be the most bang for the buck to me, given my $ limit. I'm think I'm going to be happy with it. AR
A Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2002, 9:04 AM   #4

Default Viewing Pictures on TV

I bought an Apex DVD player (AD-1100W) that plays DVDs, MP3's and JPG CDs. Simply burn a CD of your photos and this thing runs a slide show of the photos on the TV. It works great and costs about $70 at Wal-Mart.
Old Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2002, 10:13 PM   #5

Default Advice re: Digital Camera

Thanks Mr Hasato.

The problem is that MVC-CD200 costs above US$800 whereas the Canon A40 costs around US$300. Is there any justification for this huge difference in price? Thanks. Mathew
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2002, 6:05 AM   #6

It was just an example, that website recommended ME the Mavica cam...

Just look what that website can recommend you to buy

Good luck...

BTW: The MVC-CDxxx series uses 8cm CD-R(W)s instead of flashmemory (which comes more in heady in situations where you can't find a computer and because CD-Rs are much cheaper )

[Edited on 7-5-2002 by hasato]
hasato is offline   Reply With Quote