Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 1, 2003, 1:59 PM   #1

Default Photoshop 7.0

At present I use Photoshop L.E. But I'm told Photoshop 7.0 is a lot more capable, so I'm wondering whether to get it.

I see that Photoshop 7.0 seems to consist of two slightly different-looking programs - Photoshop 7.0 AND Image Ready.

Both Photoshop 7.0 and Image Ready have image manipulation functions. So what are the differences between Photoshop 7.0 and Image Ready? How does anybody decide whether to use the one or the other?
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2003, 11:13 AM   #2

I'm not familiar with Image Ready, so can't comment on that issue. PhotoShop 7.0 is a great application, but might be overkill for you unless you're a professional photographer. I'd suggest PhotoShop Elements. There's an upgrade path from LE. Look at Amazon.com for a pretty good deal.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2003, 8:57 AM   #3
NHL

Quote:
Both Photoshop 7.0 and Image Ready have image manipulation functions. So what are the differences between Photoshop 7.0 and Image Ready? How does anybody decide whether to use the one or the other?
Image Ready uses the output of Photoshop (or any other editor) to prepare it for other web applications, but its most common use is to perform animations. The layers of Photoshop just make it easier to... ie the repetitious duplicate/change layers is more integrated, whereas tweening can save more time in Image Ready.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote