Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 2, 2003, 7:57 PM   #1

Default board problems - is it me? or....

In the past week or so, I have problems with the "new" status color of the icons on this board. When I log on the icones show as "no new" posts, but when I look into the forum there are messages I have not seen before.....

Is it me, or other experiance it too?

A.
lordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2003, 8:28 PM   #2

I did not notice anything ...
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2003, 9:46 PM   #3

lordie, I log on from several different sites/computers, and they all seem to cache those kind of things differently...your computer may just be pulling up the page from its cache without refreshing it.

Try refreshing the page with your browser button as soon as you log on and see what happens...
rych26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2003, 7:21 AM   #4

The web site was having problems this last week as Steve's DNS server was changed. Cable and DSL modems will cache the old DNS servers and you will need to power cycle your modem to clear the cache. I also have had the same problem because I forgot to log in.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 10:00 PM   #5

Default No go

I have tried everything... When opening the page, all forums look "read" as if there's nothing new, and the messages inside also show as old...

I am a member of other boards and there everything is fine. The reason I suspect it is not me, is that it started when this board was moved... I dont know...
lordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 11:44 AM   #6

I haven't had any problems like you describe...wasn't able to access the board yesterday until late in the day...I assume some type of server problem.

If you have access to another computer (work, a friend, or a library) you might just try to log on from there and see if the same thing happens...that still wouldn't tell you what the problem is but it would pin it down to something that your 'puter is doing (or not).
rych26 is offline   Reply With Quote